2. I thought people heard me talk enough.
So, since I am probably just as confused about this column as you are, I figured it was best to make this first one an introduction about myself – a list of what you’ll find me thinking about on a daily basis should do the job. In the words of Kanye West, “let me show you what I see when my eyes closed”:
- Chocolate is one of the greater things in my life.
- Why do I attempt to be athletic? Endorphins are usually not worth the pain of cross country.
- Birds: Why are there so many of them? How did so many of them get here and why are they so unattractive?
- Squirrels – See #3
- Why are preteens allowed to blog? There should be an minimum age requirement to post on the internet.
- Are Chinese gymnasts real? I seriously don’t get how they’re possible.
- Breakfast tacos at school are unbelievable
- ….the biscuits are too. I sometimes have trouble deciding which one I should get.
- So I get both.
- Why is Waka Flocka Flame a person?
- I wish I could Instagram my school pictures so they’d look… hmm I don’t know, maybe not ugly.
- I very much dislike parking in Caven.
- Maybe somehow I am related to Aziz Ansari.
- I have fallen asleep three times so far while reading USAP. Thank God I only have 20 more pages to go.
- Celia Lewis and Vamsi Mohan have enjoyable tweets.
…. I’m going to stop there. I hope from that, you got a little bit of a taste of my personality. Now, onto my opinions on pop culture right now– which, by the way, is what this column is essentially going to be.
Right now, I am a big fan of female rappers. Now, of course I’m sure that comes as a huge surprise to all of you, but in all actuality there is something about them that is captivating. Although I really want to say Kreayshawn is my favorite rapper, I must say my favorite thing about her is that “Kreayshawn” is a distorted spelling of “creation.” My favorite female rappers right now are Azaelia Banks and Alyssa Marie, a freestyle rapper on Youtube. Not only do these girls have swag, but they also have some solid rapping lines. Of course none as intelligent as Nas’ line “I go by N now- just one syllable”, but they’re up there. One of my favorites by Alyssa Marie: “rappers say they ill, all I see is a bunch of hypochondriacs.” Definitely check them out, but they may create an unyielding desire in you to become a rapper… you’ve been warned.